Oakland Consulting Group is Named an Approved NCPA Vendor
Lanham, Md. – March, 22, 2021 – Oakland Consulting Group today announced that National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance (NCPA) members can now purchase Oakland Consulting Group’s suite of government and higher education information technology services, which includes Workday solutions. Oakland’s services include enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems services, IT consulting services, business intelligence analytics services, software value added reselling, and staffing services. Oakland Consulting Group is a Workday Advisory Services partner and offers access to Workday’s leading enterprise cloud applications including Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Payroll, and Workday Student.
Workday Financial Management and Workday HCM support a full range of financial and people-based processes that provide clients with real-time operational visibility along with the speed and agility to adapt to business growth and change. Workday Payroll processes payroll efficiently in a single system while offering flexibility to adapt to changing needs. Workday Student is a unified system that helps enable higher education institutions to manage the end-to-end student and faculty lifecycle.
NCPA is a leading national government purchasing cooperative, working to reduce the cost of goods and services by leveraging the purchasing power of public agencies in all 50 states. NCPA uses state-of-the-art procurement resources and solutions that result in cooperative purchasing contracts that ensure public agencies are receiving products and services of the highest quality at the lowest prices. There are over 90,000 agencies nationwide from both the public and nonprofit sectors that are eligible to use NCPA’s cooperative purchasing contracts.
“We are thrilled to be an approved NCPA vendor,” said Cedric Nash, CEO of Oakland Consulting Group. “We look forward to leveraging our services and expertise and Workday’s market-leading enterprise cloud applications to help public sector and higher education customers nationwide.”
“In today’s changing environment, education and government customers are relying on us more than ever to help manage their finance, HR, and student and faculty needs,” said Steven Hanson, group vice president of education and government at Workday. “Through our partnership with Oakland Consulting Group, we look forward to leveraging the NCPA contracting approach to enable our customers to simplify contracting, streamline projects, and drive value on Workday more quickly and easily.”
Oakland Awarded Contract to Implement DevOps Capability in AWS GovCloud Environment
Oakland is pleased to announce that our ongoing contract with USTRANSCOM and the Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) to provide technical and functional support for the Transportation Financial Management System (TFMS) has been modified to implement a DevOps capability in an AWS GovCloud environment.
As background, USTRANSCOM and SDDC have directed Programs of Record (PoRs) to modernize and transition applications to a USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment leveraging cloud managed services and automated pipeline technologies. Similar to other “on-prem” applications, TFMS will move to the cloud utilizing a “lift and shift” strategy. The desired end-state at the completion of this task is for the TFMS to be fully functioning in the USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment.
Having successfully migrated TFMS to AWS GovCloud, Oakland was recently awarded a contract to identify available DevOps tools, recommend business processes to be automated using those tools, and implement those recommendations approved by the Government. Over the life of the contract, Oakland will integrate tools from differing phases of the DevOps cycle and define an end-to-end automated process. This will contribute to synchronization and collaboration across the organization and introduce improved effectiveness and efficiency. The end result will be faster and more accurate deployment and releases.
Cedric Nash, Oakland’s CEO and President, noted that “Oakland’s efforts are a key part of the USTRANSCOM and SDDC cloud migration strategy and we are excited to be a part of the process”
Oakland Wins Contract To Provide Post-implementation Support For Its ERP Program
Prince George’s County Government’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) has awarded Oakland Consulting Group a contract to provide post-implementation support for its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Program. The County’s ERP Program replaced several of its legacy systems with SAP-based solutions. Oakland will be working closely with the County to provide SAP Tier 2 and Tier 3 support services starting in September 2019.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the success of this important effort for Prince George’s County,” said CEO Cedric Nash. “We will draw on our 21 years of SAP implementation and support experience, to assist our home county in realizing world-class SAP support.”
Oakland Wins Add-on Work for DoD Client Cloud Migration
Lanham, MD, 5/13/2019
Oakland is pleased to announce that our ongoing contract with USTRANSCOM and the Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) to provide technical and functional support for the Transportation Financial Management System (TFMS) has been modified to migrate TFMS to a cloud environment.
USTRANSCOM and SDDC have directed Programs of Record (PoRs) to modernize and transition applications to a USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment leveraging cloud managed services and automated pipeline technologies. Similar to other “on-prem” applications, TFMS will move to the cloud utilizing a “lift and shift” strategy. The desired end-state at the completion of this task is for the TFMS to be fully functioning in the USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment.
Our team has developed and is executing a detailed migration plan that identifies cloud computing benefit, recommended migration plan, schedule, and associated costs to assist the Government. The plan includes the target environment, migration method, resource plans from both the Government and Contractor, scope, strategy, schedule/timeline, dependencies, risks/issues, estimated costs, and test strategies.
Cedric Nash, Oakland’s CEO and President, noted that “Oakland’s efforts are a key part of the USTRANSCOM and SDDC cloud migration strategy and we are excited to be a part of the process”.
Cyber Security Consultant - 3386
If you feel your qualifications are a match, please submit your resume HERE.
Role: Cyber Security Consultant
Location: Atlanta, GA (100% on site)
Duration: 6 Months+
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen/Permanent Resident, EAD, H1B Visa
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- Seven years of experience in Information Technology/Operations Technology (IT/OT), cyber security, network design, firewall rule development, and management of Windows operating systems security – or – ten years of a combinations of this experience and ICS experience.
- Must have a detailed ‘hands on’ understanding of cyber security processes and technologies including, Network perimeter controls, including next generation firewalls, routers, and malware prevention
- Mus have knowledge of security technologies including network intrusion detection systems, firewalls, logging and monitoring tools, antivirus tools, whitelisting, malware prevention, incident response tools, asset inventory systems and security analytics platforms;
- Must be able to perform Incident analysis, root cause analysis, and problem resolution
- Must have an understanding of industrial control system networks and the differences from IT systems when applying cyber security controls on OT systems.
- An understanding of workstation and server security and protection
- Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network architecture and topologies.
- 3+ years security related tools experience ArcSite and Splunk.
- Strong level of understanding of IT/OT security principles, technologies, best practices, and NIST ICS guidance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pin point root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to coordinate multi-project assignments and manage deadlines.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Familiarity with Industrial Control Systems / Programmable Electronic Systems (DCS and PLC) and third-party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC).
If you feel your qualifications are a match, please submit your resume HERE.
Oakland Consulting Group’s EEO:
Since 1997, Oakland has delivered top quality, value, professionalism, and support across the industry by strengthening projects with model consultants and delivering career opportunities for driven candidates. As a certified Veteran Owned Small Disadvantaged Business, we are passionate about making our business your success.
Oakland Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origina, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.