Oakland Awarded Contract to Implement DevOps Capability in AWS GovCloud Environment
Oakland is pleased to announce that our ongoing contract with USTRANSCOM and the Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) to provide technical and functional support for the Transportation Financial Management System (TFMS) has been modified to implement a DevOps capability in an AWS GovCloud environment.
As background, USTRANSCOM and SDDC have directed Programs of Record (PoRs) to modernize and transition applications to a USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment leveraging cloud managed services and automated pipeline technologies. Similar to other “on-prem” applications, TFMS will move to the cloud utilizing a “lift and shift” strategy. The desired end-state at the completion of this task is for the TFMS to be fully functioning in the USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment.
Having successfully migrated TFMS to AWS GovCloud, Oakland was recently awarded a contract to identify available DevOps tools, recommend business processes to be automated using those tools, and implement those recommendations approved by the Government. Over the life of the contract, Oakland will integrate tools from differing phases of the DevOps cycle and define an end-to-end automated process. This will contribute to synchronization and collaboration across the organization and introduce improved effectiveness and efficiency. The end result will be faster and more accurate deployment and releases.
Cedric Nash, Oakland’s CEO and President, noted that “Oakland’s efforts are a key part of the USTRANSCOM and SDDC cloud migration strategy and we are excited to be a part of the process”
Oakland Wins Contract To Provide Post-implementation Support For Its ERP Program
Prince George’s County Government’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) has awarded Oakland Consulting Group a contract to provide post-implementation support for its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Program. The County’s ERP Program replaced several of its legacy systems with SAP-based solutions. Oakland will be working closely with the County to provide SAP Tier 2 and Tier 3 support services starting in September 2019.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the success of this important effort for Prince George’s County,” said CEO Cedric Nash. “We will draw on our 21 years of SAP implementation and support experience, to assist our home county in realizing world-class SAP support.”
Oakland Wins Add-on Work for DoD Client Cloud Migration
Lanham, MD, 5/13/2019
Oakland is pleased to announce that our ongoing contract with USTRANSCOM and the Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC) to provide technical and functional support for the Transportation Financial Management System (TFMS) has been modified to migrate TFMS to a cloud environment.
USTRANSCOM and SDDC have directed Programs of Record (PoRs) to modernize and transition applications to a USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment leveraging cloud managed services and automated pipeline technologies. Similar to other “on-prem” applications, TFMS will move to the cloud utilizing a “lift and shift” strategy. The desired end-state at the completion of this task is for the TFMS to be fully functioning in the USTRANSCOM Commercial Cloud Environment.
Our team has developed and is executing a detailed migration plan that identifies cloud computing benefit, recommended migration plan, schedule, and associated costs to assist the Government. The plan includes the target environment, migration method, resource plans from both the Government and Contractor, scope, strategy, schedule/timeline, dependencies, risks/issues, estimated costs, and test strategies.
Cedric Nash, Oakland’s CEO and President, noted that “Oakland’s efforts are a key part of the USTRANSCOM and SDDC cloud migration strategy and we are excited to be a part of the process”.
Oakland Wins Contract with WSSC for Project Cornerstone
Lanham, MD 3/20/2019
The Washington Suburban Sanitation Commission (WSSC) has awarded Oakland Consulting Group a contract to provide post-implementation support for its Project Cornerstone Program. Project Cornerstone is the Commission’s effort to implement Oracle Utilities Software product in support of their move to an advanced metering infrastructure. WSSC is implementing Customer to Meter (C2M), Mobile Work Force Management (MWM) and Work and Asset Management (WAM) solutions to help achieve their vision. Oakland will be working closely with WSSC to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support services starting July 1, the anticipated go-live date for the first wave of implementation.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the success of this important project for WSSC,” said CEO Cedric Nash. “We will draw on our 21 years of implementation and support experience, to assist WSSC in realizing world-class support.”
Peoplesoft Test Engineer - 3591
If you feel your qualifications are a match, please submit your resume HERE.
Position Title: Peoplesoft Test Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance Requirements: US Citizen with active secret clearance,
Works under minimal supervision, performs relatively routine tasks related to (data validation, functional, 508 Compliance, regression, performance, load, end-to-end, information assurance, integration, cross domain solution(CDS), and security) testing of IPPS-A ERP using manual and automated test tools. Writes test procedures. Investigates and analyzes test failures. Builds and maintains automated regression test suites and integrates them into build processes. Works with the Senior Test Lead to ensure test processes and procedures are followed.
• Strong experience across the Human Resource module including Core HR, Self-Service, Global Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) • Knowledge of Ab Initio or other ETL tools • Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2
• Strong experience with writing and running medium to complex SQL Queries
• Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools
• Experience with automated regression test scripts
• Experience in Federal Government software testing
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
• Must have active Secret clearance
• Execute data validation process using Ab Initio
• Analyze data validation and perform root cause analysis in Oracle database
• Writes detailed test plans o Develops test scenarios and test scripts
• Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
• Ensures functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
• Designs, develops and executes reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation using HP ALM o Identifies, creates and secures test data as necessary
• Performs functional administration, configuration, and utilization of testing tools
• Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status
• Develops and maintains the Test Management Plan (TMP) that defines the approach, processes, and procedures that integrates with and supports the Government’s Integrated Test and Evaluation (T&E) approach and Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
• Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes o Responsibility is to assist in prototyping's solution design, development•
• Provides US Army understanding to solutions and business challenges & translates them into process solutions
• Assists with interpreting US Army requirements from fit gap
• Performs highly complex analyses and presents options and recommendations to obtain desired results.
• Assists with updating functional and technical design specifications and solutions o Participate in code and design reviews and technical presentations to cross functional staff
• Assist prototype team with managing client relationships within context of the individual role.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
• Effective communication skills and demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment.
If you feel your qualifications are a match, please submit your resume HERE.
Oakland Consulting Group’s EEO:
Since 1997, Oakland has delivered top quality, value, professionalism, and support across the industry by strengthening projects with model consultants and delivering career opportunities for driven candidates. As a certified Veteran Owned Small Disadvantaged Business, we are passionate about making our business your success.
Oakland Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origina, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.