Position Title: Hadoop Developer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Travel: Candidate may be asked to perform travel including travel between Huntsville, AL and the Washington DC area.
- Oakland Consulting Group is seeking a Hadoop Administrator to join a high performing team in the acquisition of a new logistics automation capability for the US Army. This is a senior position delivering enterprise information management solutions for ERP programs for the US Army.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting efforts that will support the delivery of enterprise solutions. The primary effort involves the migration/modernization of several legacy applications within the U.S. Army Materiel Command.
- Oakland is looking for an experienced, high-performing individual who is ready and willing to take on the challenges of a high profile, multi-year software development effort within a complex and demanding environment.
- Preference will be given to local candidates.
- 3+ years of experience working on Hadoop platform
- Ingesting data to Hadoop from variety of sources like ERP, CRM, NoSQL and transactional data systems
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the Hortonworks Hadoop Platform, Apache NiFi/Hortonworks DataFlow, Spark ecosystem, MapReduce and ETL Workflows
- Experience in building and operationalizing Hadoop based data lake
- Experience with Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Drill
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming or HDF
- Experience with use and integration of NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka
- Experience in code/build/deployment tools like git, svn, maven, sbt, Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10+ years technology solutions experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines and constraints to deliver
- Extensive knowledge of the SDLC with working experience in Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Army systems or similar DoD efforts a plus
- Experience with designing and implementing projects within the federal sector
- Experience working with functional consultants & business process owners to understand functional requirements and to architect landscape solutions
- Hortonworks Certifications are an advantage but not essential
- Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance required. Interim secret clearance already granted will be accepted