Role Description: Workday HCM/Finance Consultant
Position: Workday HCM/Finance Consultant
Company: Oakland Consulting Group - Growing Workday Practice
Are you passionate about helping clients with their digital transformation journey and driving innovative ways of working through Workday's Human Capital Management (HCM)/Finance solutions? Oakland Consulting Group is seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team as Workday HCM/Finance Consultants. As one of the fast-growing Workday-certified teams, we pride ourselves on delivering strategic business value through technology-enabled HCM/Finance solutions.
As a Workday HCM/Finance Consultant, you should expect to play a role in the deployment of Workday HCM/Finance Modules for Workday implementation effort and have the following responsibilities:
- Work independently and/or with technical leads to conduct working sessions with clients to gather, understand, and analyze business requirements.
- Provide guidance in helping clients make key solution decisions.
- Help clients configure according to industry standards within the Workday HCM/Finance solution and provide suggestions to achieve optimal configuration and streamlined processes.
- Design and implement requirements in the Workday HCM/Finance solution in accordance with Workday’s Implementation Methodology.
- Provide the Project Manager with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status.
- Work with clients to share our Oakland and Workday best practices.
- Participate in Workday certification and update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with other consultants.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of prior HCM/Finance consulting experience.
- Hands-on functional solutioning experience.
- Successfully completed at least 1-2 end-to-end HCM/Finance implementations.
- Experience in multiple HCM/Finance functional areas, including experience in defining how multiple HCM/Finance modules work together.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Existing or expired Workday HCM/Finance Core Certification.
- Existing or expired certification in Phase X modules such as Learning, Recruiting, Advanced Compensation, Time, Expenses, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing.
- Implementing Workday HCM/Finance with a certified Workday implementation partner.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Workday implementations (either as a customer or an independent consultant or an implementation partner).